Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Journal 5 DIVE

The documentary DIVE is simply an eye opener. I like most people were aware to the fact that we as american's waste food but I had no clue exactly how much food is wasted. In 2010 America threw away 96 billion pounds of food most of that being good edible food. That is an enourmous amount of food to waste while people are going hungry. It's hard for me to go to the grocery store and pay four dollars for a pound of hamburger meat knowing that later that night one hundred pounds would be thrown away. The one thing I have a hard time agreeing with on people about hunger issues is other countrys, I feel that all of these places such as Hati should do something to fix the issue for them. I dont think america's waste is the answere to people in other countrys going hungry when we have people in our own country going hungry. I also think that if you cant afford to feed your kids then you need to stop having them, however with the way america is today the more kids you have the better you will eat thanks to the goverment.

No comments:

Post a Comment